The Groton Public Library strives to make its spaces, resources, and services accessible to all users, including those who may not be able to visit the library.
- There are 2 accessible parking spaces nearest the rear entrance - both spaces are large enough for vans.
- The rear entrance has a ramp for wheelchair access as well as power assist doors.
- All floors of the library are accessible via elevator.
- Accessible restrooms are available on every floor.
- There is at least one computer on every floor at the proper height to be operated from a wheelchair.
- Reference assistance can be provided remotely via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone at 978-448-8000.
- Staff at the 2nd floor Circulation Desk or 3rd floor Reference Desk can provide assistance with using the library’s online catalog.
- Staff on any of the library’s three floors can assist with retrieving materials from the shelves.
- Home Delivery is provided to residents who are homebound because of disability or illness.