Chill Out & Read
Young Adult Winter Reading Program for Grades 6-12
Who: Young Adults, in grades 6-12
What: Go for a prize! December 23, 2016 - February 24, 2017
- Read 2 books total – Pick a prize from the prize basket: free GPL hot chocolate coupon, free earbuds, stickers, and more
- Read 4 books total – Choose an Advanced Reader's Copy Book from our selection, to keep
- Read 6 books total – Get a $5 Dunkin' Donuts Gift Card
- Read 8 or more books – Get a $15 Amazon Gift Card
Where: Sign up ONLINE or at the library
- Sign-up begins December 23, 2016
- Read books between December 23 and February 24 to earn prizes
- Sign up ONLINE, using your library card number and PIN
- Check out books to read or audiobooks to listen to from the YA or Adult areas
- Visit the Circulation Desk with your library card to collect your prizes
Guidelines for Success:
- Sign up online with a valid library card and PIN number. (If you do not have a PIN number, come to the library mid-level circulation desk to get one.)
- We want to know you and we want you to know us, so please come to the library in person to choose books and collect prizes, and always bring your library card with you.
- Any books, ebooks or audiobooks from the Young Adult or Adult sections count as 1 book, but please count every 3 magazines, manga, or graphic fiction as 1 entry or 1 book. Please only count reading that is appropriate for your age and reading ability. Books from the Children’s Room that are also found in YA count as well.
- Need help finding fun and interesting books? Check the YA Idea Book or ask the librarian or staff on the middle level of the library if you need suggestions on what to read, or check the Good Reads for YA section of the website.
- Challenge yourself based on your own reading abilities.
- Please come in person with your library card to collect your prizes. You must return overdue items and pay any late fees before you can collect prizes.
Winter Reading Program Events:
- Click here to view the YA events calendar and sign up for events online.
Thanks to the Groton Public Library Endowment Trust for generously supporting program events and providing prizes for the Young Adult Winter Reading Program.
Thanks also to the members of the Young Adult Advisory Council for their ideas on programs and prizes. If you are interested in participating in the YAAC, please call or click here for information on our next meeting.
For additional information about the Young Adult Winter Reading Program or specific events listed on the calendar, please contact the Young Adult Librarian:
978-448-1167, ext. 1325