Get in the Game: READ!
Young Adult Summer Reading Program 2016
June 17 - August 26
Who: Young Adults, entering grades 6-12
What: Go for a prize! June 17 to August 26, 2016
- Read 2 books total – Get a Kimball ice cream coupon
- Read 4 books total – Get a $5 gift card to Chipotle or Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks
- Read 6 books total – Get a $5 gift card to Chipotle or Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks
- Read 8 books total – Get a $15 gift card to Target, iTunes, or Barnes & Noble
- Read 10 books – Get a ticket to enter the Grand Prize Raffle for a $300 gift card to Simon Malls
- Every 2 additional books read earns another raffle ticket.
- Library Loyalty card – Borrow books on 3 separate days, get your card punched and receive a collapsible water bottle!
Where: Sign up ONLINE or at the library
- Online sign-up begins June 17, 2016
- Read books between June 17 and August 26 to earn prizes
- Sign up ONLINE, using your library card number and PIN
- Check out books to read or audiobooks to listen to from the YA or Adult areas
- Visit the Circulation Desk with your library card to collect your prizes
Guidelines for Success:
- Sign up online with a valid library card and PIN number. (If you do not know your PIN number, call or come to the library for help.)
- We want to know you and we want you to know us, so please come to the library in person to choose books and collect prizes, and always bring your library card with you.
- Any books, ebooks or audiobooks from the Young Adult or Adult sections count as 1 book, but please only make one entry for every 3 magazines, manga, or graphic fiction you read. Please only count reading that is appropriate for your age and reading ability. Books from the Children’s Room that are also found in YA count as well.
- Need help finding fun and interesting books? Check the YA Idea Book or ask the librarian or staff on the middle level of the library if you need suggestions on what to read, or check the Good Reads for YA section of the website.
- Challenge yourself based on your own reading abilities.
- Please come in person with your library card to collect your prizes. You must return overdue items and pay any late fees before you can collect prizes.
Summer Reading Program Events:
- Click here to view the YA events calendar and sign up for events online.
Thanks to the Groton Public Library Endowment Trust and the Groton Trust Funds' Lecture Fund for generously supporting program events and providing prizes for the Young Adult Summer Reading Program.
Thanks also to the members of the Young Adult Advisory Council for their ideas on programs and prizes. If you are interested in participating in the YAAC, please call or click here for information on our next meeting.
For additional information about the Young Adult Summer Reading Program or specific events listed on the calendar, please contact the Young Adult Librarian:
978-448-1167, ext. 1325