Looking for a good book to read? Good Reads is a service to help you in your quest to find your next book. Have you already read all the books by your favorite author? We can help you find other authors with a similar theme, mood, or feel. We can also help you expand your horizons and explore new types of fiction and nonfiction.
There are plenty of places to go online to look for reading suggestions—we’ll help guide you to some of those websites here—but we would also love to talk to you in person. Next time you’re in the library, talk to any of the staff or stop by the Good Reads table near the Circulation Desk. There we have a computer devoted to readers’ advisory websites, best sellers lists, book award lists, and more. We also keep a notebook of book suggestions and recommendations from GPL staff and patrons.
Where Should I Go to Find My Next Good Read?
- Search/browse 200,000+ fiction and readable nonfiction titles by author, title, subject, series, or keyword
- Explore books by plot/theme or age/reading level
- Find book reviews, author read-alikes, discussion guides & more
- 100,000+ book reviews, including fiction, nonfiction, audiobooks & more
- “My Profile” feature can set personal preferences, save searches, alert you to new reviews
Best Sellers Lists, Book Pages, Reviews and Award Winners
- New York Times Best Sellers
- Boston Globe – Books Page
- Amazon.com − Books Page