Exercise Your Mind: READ!
2016 Adult Summer Reading Program
Ages 18 and Up
June 17 – August 26
READ BOOKS – HAVE FUN – EARN PRIZES – CHALLENGE YOURSELF
Thanks to all who participated in Groton's third annual Adult Summer Reading Program. Check back here in June for information on next year's 2017 program!
How does it work?
Sign up ONLINE, or come to the Circulation or Reference Desks, beginning Friday, June 17.
- To participate, you must be at least 18 years old and have a valid library card.
- To sign up online you will need a valid library card and PIN/password. We are happy to help you get started. (Don't remember your PIN/password? You can request a password reset online.)
- Once you have signed up, please stop by the library to pick up the Exercise Your Mind: READ! starter packet.
- We will ask if you want to try the Go for the Gold Summer Reading Challenge.
- Then read, read, read to your heart's content! (Or listen, listen, listen, if you prefer audiobooks.) Record your reading ONLINE at gpl.org. Enter the ISBN, or title and author of each book. If you choose to write a short review, we will share it anonymously with fellow booklovers.
Did someone say PRIZES?
As you record more books and reach prize levels, you will get a message to come to the library to pick up your prize.
- Read 3 books = Collapsible water bottle
- Read 6 books = "Go for the Gold" candy bag
- Read 9 books = Summer beach bag with waterproof container for personal items
- Read 12 books = $5 gift card to Kimball Farm
- Read 15 books = Raffle ticket for prize of your choice!
- Read 20+ books = Earn a raffle ticket for every additional 5 books you read.
8 Grand Prizes: (4) Up Move Personal Activity Trackers and (4) $25 gift cards to local businesses
The Grand Prize Drawings will be held on Friday, August 26, at noon.
All summer reading prizes and resources made possible by the Groton Public Library Endowment Trust, with support from Massachusetts Library System, Boston Bruins, and Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.