Friendly staff is available to help locate books and information for school work. We can also provide instruction in library usage.
Your 24/7 Library
The Library offers kid-friendly databases that you can access from your home computer at any time. All you need to login is the number on the back of your Groton library card.
|Encyclopædia Britannica Online: Kids edition||General encyclopedia for children.|
Kids InfoBits (Gale InfoTrac)
Magazines and reference books for grades K-5.
|Kids InfoBits targets the beginning research needs of students in Kindergarten through Grade 5. It features a developmentally appropriate and visual graphic interface and a subject-based topic tree search system. The curriculum-related, age appropriate, full-text content is from the best elementary reference sources and magazines. This database covers geography, current events, the arts, science, health, people, government, history, sports and more.|
Great Web Sites for Kids – homework help and fun stuff, too!
- Great Web Sites for Kids from the American Library Association
- IPL2 for Kids from the Internet Public Library
- Awesome Library for Kids
- Kidsclick.org – web search for kids by librarians
- Homework Center from Multnomah County Library (OR)
- Kid Info – homework and student, teacher/parent reference resource
- The HomeworkSpot
- Jan Brett’s Home Page
- Fact Monster from Information Please
- The World Almanac for Kids
- Yahoo! Kids
- National Geographic Kids
- Smithsonian Students – a place for kids to explore, discover & learn
- Starfall.com – learn to read
- LearnToReadFree.com – another learn to read site